GET BUSY: Things to Do
Arts and Culture
Downtown’s theaters and performance venues offer more than 28,000 seats and experiences from national acts to Broadway and Symphony shows to community theater.
Fans enjoy a calendar filled year-round with NFL and arena football, MiLB baseball, basketball and hockey.
From decadent dishes to everyday favorites, residents can explore delicious Downtown dining at an array of locally owned restaurants.
Bars & Nightlife
Breweries, cocktail bars and music venues make Downtown the place to go to for evening entertainment.
Grab one-of-a-kind goods for everyone on your list from Downtown’s unique shopping spots. Boutiques, book stores and more await!
#DTJax e-Gift Card
Accepted at 30+ Downtown locations, the #DTJax e-Gift Card is the perfect way to give the gift of Downtown to family, friends and colleagues. Purchase online anytime, anywhere and redeem with ease using your smartphone.
Parks & Riverfront
Nature is never far away when you’re Downtown.
Explore the neighborhood and learn more about where you live with one of the many Downtown tours. Hop aboard a Tuk Tuk, Pedal Pub or River Taxi to see Downtown from a new point of view.
GET AROUND: Parking & Transit
- Metered-parking is enforced weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Overstaying your time at the meter could cost you a $15 ticket.
- After 6 p.m. and on weekends, parking is free.
- Yellow meters are limited to 30-minutes only.
- A disabled parking placard will allow you to park FREE at a meter for up to four hours.
- If you see a non-functioning meter, report the location and meter number to (904) 630-CITY (2489) or by submitting a Care Complaint at 630city.coj.net.
For a list of Downtown’s parking lots and garages and their rates, visit parkdtjax.com.
For general parking information, call (904) 630-1399 or email email@example.com.
St. Johns River Taxi
Hours of Operation
- Tuesdays – Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Fridays – Saturdays, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sundays, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
All Day Pass: $10 for adults, $8 for children under 12 & Seniors (65+) & FREE for children under 3
Annual Pass: $120
jaxrivertaxi.com • 860-TAXI
- The City of Jacksonville launched a one-year pilot program for e-scooters. Locals and visitors alike can rent and ride electric scooters Downtown via smartphone applications.
- Scooters can be rented and dropped off between the hours of 5 a.m. – 12 a.m. at 37 designated, geofenced corrals on the sidewalk and out of the way of pedestrians, parked cars or other users.
- Riders pay $1.00 to unlock the scooters and $0.20 – $0.35 per minute to ride, depending on the vendor.
Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Bus Service Runs seven days a week. Real-time updates on the MyJTA App.
- First Coast Flyer Bus Rapid Transit Runs seven days a week to the Northside, Southside and Beaches. 10-minute peak-hour frequency & 15-minute off-peak hour frequency. fcf.jtafla.com
- Skyway (FREE) Runs between the north and south banks weekdays from 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. and during special events. Cars depart every 4-8 minutes.
jtafla.com • 630-3100
GET COMFORTABLE: Safety & Hospitality
Downtown Ambassadors, Downtown’s safety, hospitality and clean team, patrol Downtown seven days a week and are here to:
- Provide you with directions, maps and parking information
- Escort you to your destination
- Provide social services information to people in need
- Keep Downtown clean
- Contact police or rescue during emergencies
- Call for medical assistance if you need it
- Share a smile and a watchful eye
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
- Sheriff’s Watch Meetings – Join JSO officers and community members for monthly discussions about crime issues facing our neighborhoods and hear progress updates.
- Call JSO’s non-emergency line to report all suspicious activity and nuisance behaviors.
(non-emergency) (904) 630-0500 • jaxsheriff.org
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department
Help Keep Downtown Safe
- Report burned-out street lights
- Report broken sidewalks or unsecured, vacant buildings (904) 630-CITY (2489) or by submitting a Care Complaint at 630city.coj.net.
GET SETTLED: Utilities, Public Services, Eds & Meds
Duval County Public Schools
Great Schools in Your Neighborhood
Duval County Public Schools is committed to providing excellent schools in every neighborhood. Locate your neighborhood school, also known as attendance area school: duvalschools.org/locator.
Magnet or Transfer Schools
If you are interested in enrolling your student in a school other than your attendance area school, such as a magnet school, special transfer school, or exceptional education school, visit duvalschools.org/schoolchoice.
Once you have selected the type of school that interests you and your student, you can find the steps to enrollment by visiting duvalschools.org/enroll.